- Make sure the mask or face cover is clean and dry. Make sure your hands are clean before touching it (wash with soap for 20 seconds or if this is not possible, use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol)
- Push your hair back so that your face is clear.
- Place the mask or face cover over your nose and mouth and secure it to your head or ears using its ties or rubber bands, adjust it until it covers your nose and mouth.
- Fit the mask or face cover well on your cheeks.
- Wash your hands or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer after fitting your mask.
Important: Avoid touching your face. If you touch your mask or face, you should immediately wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
To remove a non-medical mask or face covering
- Remove it using the cords
- Throw it in a trash can (preferably with a lid)
- Wash your hands using the same guidelines as above.